My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, December 30, 2005

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Okay, so I haven't posted in a while but try to give me a break, okay? I have been either at Kim's place or sick since Christmas. It's been a rocky (but really nice) holiday.

The night before Christmas Eve was really fun. My grandmother and I stayed up until 5 am cooking. It was crazy, but great. Christmas Eve was filled with even more cooking right up until dinnertime. I ate so much junk food it isn't even funny. Connor (my nephew, for those of you with a bad memory) was so cute when we opened presents. Of course he was more interested in all the wrapping paper and all of our boxes than the toys that he got. Predictable for a one-year-old. My grandmother gave me $100 in cash and I got a Simpsons DVD set. Woo-hoo! The next day, I was at my mother's and then my father's for tons of gifts. I got lots of great DVD box sets (I am going to be watching so much TV), great gift cards, and other miscellaneous gifts that were great.

Christmas Day night, I went over to Kim's to spend the night and exchange gifts with her. The instant I got there, she went outside with Dave to argue and they proceeded to argue for about 3 1/2 hours. Pissed me off. I could have spent the evening with my grandmother and Connor (she had kidnapped him from my sister for the night). Instead, I spent the night taking care of the kids, putting them to bed, and twiddling my thumbs. Now I do love those kids to death, but I had come to spend dome Christmas time with my best friend. I was actually more pissed off at Kim than at Dave. Sometimes Dave instigates things, but Kim has such a temper and she just has to keep on it. I almost left, but Kim apologized. Dave apologized too, which was nice. I forgave Kim of course. It's what I do. Dave actually apologized to me weeks ago for all the times he made me feel uncomfortable around him and for ignoring me. Since then, he has been better. He actually acknowledges my presence and I don't feel uncomfortable around him anymore. Of course, he still acts like a jerk sometimes with Kim but she has her moments where I almost (and I did say ALMOST) feel sorry for him.

Anyway, Kim and I did make up and I got great gifts from her. We woke up early to go shopping on Monday to take advantage of the post-holiday sales and use some of my gift cards. However, we were in Wal-Mart and I started feeling very nauseous. I ended up throwing up. For the rest of the day, I was sick to my stomach off and on. We did attempt to go to a couple more stores because there were moments where I didn't feel sick. But then it just got too much and I felt light-headed, in addition to being sick. I also started feeling weak and every joint ached. I slept a lot that day and eventually went home to sleep some more. The only thing I had to eat that was s few bites of eggs and hashbrowns at IHOP that morning for breakfast and then I had some crackers that night. It must have been just a 24-hour virus or something because I felt better the next morning and my appetite was even back. However, I did get a really bad migraine like an hour after I woke up. Dammit. I just can't catch a break.

So the next day, I was at Kim's babysitting. I introduced my godsons to Heathcliff (thanks Luke) and to Garfield (thanks to my mom). I think they like those shows even more than I do (well, they are the right demographic for it). Thursday, I got a lot done at home while answering phones for my dad. I scrubbed my bathroom spotless. I was so proud of myself. I've been meaning to do that for ages. I got an e-mail from Luke this week and he wants to come see me in a couple of months. Yay. I'm already thinking of stuff I want to do with him. Yeah, I don't have a whole lot going on right now anyway. :) Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I'm psyched. Tomorrow night, Kim and I have reservations at this really nice restaurant. We're going to have a yummy four course dinner and a champagne toast at midnight.

I'm going to try not to let a long time go before my next blog, but I know that my next post won't be until after the 1st. So I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year! 2005 sucked so here's hoping that 2006 will be a lot better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

January 02, 2006 1:49 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sorry to hear you felt so crappy the day after xmas. Glad to read you were feeling better the following day...nothing sucks like when you feel so shitty and there's so much you want to achieve.

Your christmas day sounded terrific. Don't know how you managed to cope after such a lack of sleep though lol

Hope you had a great new year at that swanky restaurant. All the best for 2006!

January 03, 2006 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home