My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, January 09, 2006

Great weekend

It's been a very fun and relaxing weekend. Saturday, I volunteered at the shelter. That night, I went over to Kim's for a little party. She had invited a few friends of hers from work to her place to watch a couple of movies. One of her friends brought "Wedding Crashers" and "The 40 year old Virgin." I had already seen both of those movies before. They are both hilarious. We kind of gorged ourselves on pizza, shrimp, and little wieners. Someone had brought ice cream for dessert, but we were too stuffed. The kids were there (of course), but they weren't too bad. They ate dinner with us and we played with them a little before we started watching the movies. They were in bed around 8:30, so that wasn't too bad. After the movies, we all hung around chatting and stuff. It was a lot of fun. I know I don't get very many opportunities to hang out and relax and I know Kim doesn't. She might have had a little more fun if she didn't have to worry about the babies, but oh well.

Sunday was a nice day. It was actually in the 60's. . . felt like springtime. I got up and went to church with Kim (no comments please. . . more about that to come in another post). Dave and Kim were fighting or something about whether he was going to take the babies after church to spend the day with him. I swear, I don't know why he has to make it so difficult. Can't he see that she needs a break? But he doesn't care about that. I know he cares about the babies, but he doesn't care at all about what Kim needs. She's exhausted and needs a break from them every once in a while. He did show up at church and ended up taking them. Thank goodness. Don't get me wrong, I love those kids to death. But it would be nice to spend time with my best friend without having two kids constantly clinging to us and calling our names. Anyway, we definitely enjoyed our sweet, sweet freedom. We had lunch at The Original Pancake House, which I had never eaten before. It was SOOOO good. I had these pecan pancakes that came with powdered sugar. They had so many different kinds of pancakes that I couldn't make up my mind. And their orange juice was fresh squeezed. Yummy. I will definitely have to go there next time I have a craving for pancakes instead of IHOP.

Kim and I then went to Wal-Mart because I had groceries to get. Then we went back to her place for Scrabble and ice cream (the ice cream we didn't get to on Saturday night). For dinner, we had leftover pizza, shrimp, and little wieners. It was great. And even though she kicked my ass at Scrabble (really, I was just a little tired. . . that's all. hehe), the day was a lot of fun. We laughed so hard all day and it was nice to have a couple of peaceful meals. Dave didn't bring the kids back until it was close to their bedtime.

I became so excited because I got an e-mail from Luke and he has finally finalized his plans to come see me. Woo-hoo! I'm already planning what to do. Kim actually has friends from New York City coming to see her the weekend right before Luke. I'm going to tag along with Kim on some of their activities. It'll be a test drive to see if Luke will like them or not. Hehe. I love it when friends come to see me because I get to do touristy stuff around Georgia that I would never do otherwise. And I never realized how many things there are to do here! I can't wait until February!

Well tonight is my first class since winter break. Oy. Back to the grindstone. I did discover with my last class, that I got my first B. I know, I know. Shocking. I'm such a perfectionist that it was devastating. Oh well, I guess I have to accept that I'm not perfect, right? Eh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I am sooooooo looking forward to coming to Georgia again. Already counting down the days. :)

January 10, 2006 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home