My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ho Ho Ho

Wal-Mart is being very politically correct and they actually have a life-size African-American Santa Clause in the entrance. I think that's great. There used to be a white Santa there, but he's out and the new one is in. Who ever said that Santa Clause was white anyway?

The closer we get to Thanksgiving, the more I am actually getting in the Christmas spirit. I have also enjoyed several Christmas songs on the radio. I think I just had to get past the first week of November because that's just too damn early to be celebrating the holidays. I'm starting to think about what gifts I want to get for which people. I don't have a lot of money to spend, but I love giving people stuff. I now have three kids to buy presents for (one nephew and two godsons) and they are the best. I love shopping for kids. It's so fun to look at all the cool toys. Of course my nephew is about to turn a year old and I'm pretty sure I could give him a box and he would be ecstatic. Oh, how I wish I were that age again. So fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

There's a black Santa at Stonecrest Mall. Surprised the hell out of me when I first saw him.

I love shopping for toys. I'll let you in on a secret, I buy toys for myself too. Can't help it.

November 20, 2005 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home