My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Winter Cleaning and a date

I am a total packrat. I didn't realize just how much trouble I have letting go of things until I started cleaning out my closet. My mission was to unpack my winter things, pack up some summer clothes, and figure out what I wanted to donate to the battered women's shelter. The women need clothes, especially winter ones. The children do as well, but seeing as I have no children I wouldn't be able to help with that one. My problem is that I looked at every single sweater and winter item as if it were my favorite article of clothing. I had a hard time deciding if certain clothes still looked good on me and deciding if I was actually ever going to wear any of the stuff. It was hard work. It would have been easier if someone were there to tell me for sure what looked good and what didn't. Of course, I had trouble letting go of the stuff I was sure I would never wear again because it just wasn't me. I managed to fill a couple of bags with winter clothes for the women at the shelter. Maybe I'll come up with some more. But I needed a break from the cleaning. It was very traumatic.

I had a nice date tonight with someone who was a joy to be with. Funny, sexy, charming, intelligent. Yes, I had a date with myself and I took myself to the movies. It was nice having some alone time in a theater with myself. I was great company. I saw "In her Shoes." The movie kind of irritated me. It wasn't nearly as good as the book. I hated the fact that the supposed overweight sister of the story was actually thin. I hated the fact that the character still complained about being fat, even though she was far from it. She was fat because she wasn't a size 2 like Cameron Diaz. She was like a size 9 or something. Ooooh. . . so fat. Stupid Hollywood writers.

This weekend, I actually got ten hours of sleep. Yeah, ten hours of sleep on Friday and ten more Saturday night. And it was uninterrupted. Yay. Maybe the insomnia has passed me over at last? I have to admit that last night's sleep was drug induced. I had a migraine and needed to take nausea medication. I had a drowsy pill and a non-drowsy pill. I purposefully took the drowsy pill so it would knock me out and I would get another good night's sleep. I guess we'll see tonight what my sleep is like. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm a complete pack rat too! it proved to be a HUGE pain in the ass when I moved earlier this year. I'm trying to be better about throwing things away....

I go to movies by myself too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

November 14, 2005 8:29 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I totally missed that you were in Monroe...ha. I'm in Conyers.

November 14, 2005 8:29 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Linny, I'm trying to get better about throwing stuff away. At least, I tell myself that I am. A good first step is that I forced myself to give away a lot of my clothes to those that really need it.

Wow, Conyers is so close. I never meet anyone from there. Awesome.

November 14, 2005 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home