My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Insomnia

I am so frustrated by this whole insomnia thing. Last night, I had the worst night's sleep I've had in a while. It took forever to fall asleep and then when I did, I kept waking up throughout the night. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I tossed and turned for about an hour before I gave up and got up to watch T.V. I did go back to sleep around 7:30, but I had to wake up at 9 for work. It was a very restless night. If anyone knows of a cure for insomnia or maybe a good pill that will help, please let me know. I've been dealing with this for about three months and it's getting beyond frustrating.

I'm also feeling very lethargic and irritable today. I actually just lay in bed for hours after I woke up because I had no energy to get out of bed. I counted the tiles on my ceiling. Is that the same as counting sheep? I don't feel like going to class today, but I played hooky on Monday so I have to go today. I just don't have the energy to go anywhere or do anything. Hopefully the rest of this week will past quickly so that I can lay in bed and count the tiles some more this weekend. Fun. Or maybe I'll see if Seth wants to come over. I need some distraction from stuff. Lord knows he makes me laugh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

What is going on in Georgia?! I have had freakin' insomnia for the last WEEK! I'm about to lose my marbles. Do you think there's a voodoo curse on us?

November 09, 2005 7:11 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Well since we live in Georgia, there may be a voodoo curse on us anyway. :) Maybe there's just something in the air down here. I'm glad to know it's not just me.

November 10, 2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

MAYBE its a conspiracy.....the tap water is infected with caffeine. "Big Brother" is doing an experiment one state at a time to see how long you can stay up before you go MENTAL!

November 12, 2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Thanks for the tip, Cali Girl. I'll have to try that if it doesn't get better.

November 14, 2005 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home