My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The responsible one. . .

My sister is really driving me nuts. Working with her is just craziness. Last night, my mom calls me at 10:00 pm to ask me if I could cover my sister's shift TODAY during the morning because she has a doctor's appointment. First of all, my sister should not have gotten my mom to do her bidding and call me. She should have called me herself. According to mom, Jenifer had a migraine. I'm sure that was a lie. I told her that I had to be at the shelter this afternoon, but they assured me they would be back in time for me to leave. Second of all, I resent the fact that my sister waits until the last minute to ask me these things. I told my mom that I have a schedule too and she needs to check with me if she wants me to cover for her because I do have a life, too. Jenifer already scheduled a doctor's appointment for this Thursday and even though she's known about it for a month, she didn't bother to ask me about covering for her until a couple of days ago. It's just too bad on that day because I have Spanish class that morning. Dad is going to cover for her though, which I think he shouldn't do. Of course, it's interesting that Jenifer has two days off during the week and she can't bother to schedule her appointments on those days. I don't mind covering for her though. I do need the extra hours and the extra money. I just resent the fact that Jenifer doesn't think about the fact that I might not be able to cover for her. She just assumes that I'm going to drop everything to help her out. I can't always do that if others are counting on me as well. But I am the responsible sister. That is my lot in life. Look at me. I'm saying that like it's a bad thing. I just hate the way everyone else covers for her and makes excuses for her all the time. Annoying much?

My saga with health insurance continues. I may have to come up with $500 for my medications this month. Ugh. So stressful.

That's about all for today except for the fact that I'm feeling very blah and tired. And if someone says that they're going to do something with you, it would be really nice if they did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home