My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Friends

Maybe it's just getting older or maybe it's all the stuff that has happened to me lately, but I've really started to reevaluate who my real friends are. When someone calls you their friend and yet they are not there for you in your time of need (so to speak), then I don't think they are a very good friend. I think the term "friend" is used very loosely. I have tried to be a good friend to certain people, but I haven't really gotten anything in return. And I'm not talking about anything material, either. I'm talking about the fact that I have been there for certain people every time I needed them, but they have yet to return the favor. I think it's time to let go of these so-called "friendships." I have to admit that with my medical crisis and my depression, there were strangers online that were a lot more supportive than certain "friends." This really opened my eyes.

My best friend, Kim, has decided to leave Dave (her ass of a boyfriend). They had this agreement that each of them could have one night a week to go out with their friends and do what they wanted to do. It would give them each a break from the kids. Her night was Tuesday and she was going over to a friend's straight from work tonight. Apparently, Dave decided to follow her from work to make sure that was where she was going. Talk about creepy. I guess that was the final straw and she has decided to leave him for good. I'm going to help her out as much as I can because that is what friends do. I admit she hasn't always been the best friend to me, but the main reason has been her relationship with him. I've been as supportive as I can because I've known that there really isn't anything I can do until she really wants to leave him. Hopefully, she will leave him this time. When she does, I'll be here because that's what I do. I'm loyal that way.

I don't know what the hell happened to my laptop this weekend, but Kim turned off the screen for some reason and now it's broken. Thank goodness my dad has this other laptop that he has loaned me for business stuff. It's newer and faster. Of course for some reason, I have been unable to sign on to AOL Instant Messenger on it. I'm signed onto Yahoo okay, but not AOL. Oy. Oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

You poor thing...I've gone through the same situation. I'm always there for everyone...but without fail, there is always that one person that is always too busy when i need her. Though she has no problem calling me whenever she's having a problem. I've stopped taking the phone calls. I'm tired of it. Good for you for doing the same.

October 26, 2005 11:13 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I hope Kim sticks to her guns and works out what's best for her. My sister's husband recently asked her for a divorce..he'd been screwing around on her for about 5 months. They were going through the various stages of divorce and now he's been dumped by the other woman he wants to come back.

Unfortunately I believe she's going to take him back. She says she just wants her family back together (they have two children, 5 and 2 years old respectively.)

Quite frankly, most of our family have never liked him. He's a pretentious prat and I wouldn't have put it past him to have been screwing around on her off and on for years now. But...whatever she chooses to do, we'll support her, even if we don't agree with her decision. (I wish I could shoot the prick! I reckon that's what a true friend would do lol)

October 28, 2005 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home