My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Alcohol is so evil

This weekend was an interesting weekend. And by interesting, I mean I spent all day today recovering from a hangover for the first time in four years. Saturday night Kim was planning to come over so that we could catch up on all of our Nip/Tuck episodes for this season (great show, by the way). She came over and brought a friend from work with her. His name is Evans and he seemed like a nice guy. He was cute and funny, blah, blah, blah. She had talked about maybe setting me up with him before, but I have a feeling she wants to keep him for herself even though she's still with Dave. Of course she did say that she is considering leaving him. Anyway, she also brought Adrian, who was as adorable as always.

Kim, Evans, and I managed to watch one out of four of our Nip/Tuck episodes before we decided to go get some dinner. We went to this barbecue place that was pretty good and then we did a bad thing and let Kim talk us into drinking. I had Everclear that I had bought in Mexico and had yet to open back at home. We decided to buy some orange juice on the way home to mix with the stuff. This stuff is like 98% alcohol and is illegal to sell in 48 states. You are not supposed to drink the stuff straight. Apparently, it tastes like fire. We go home, make our drinks, and it doesn't take long to get a good buzz going on. We put Adrian to sleep and the three of us get pretty drunk. We're all very giggly and dizzy and stumbling around. It was kind of funny. Kim decided to actually drink a shot of Everclear and she got really sick. We also spilled several drinks on the floor in our clumsiness. I'm surprised that we got so drunk because it seemed as if more orange juice and alcohol ended up on my floor than in our bodies. But the stuff is strong. I didn't really fall asleep until nearly 3 (damn alcohol did not help my insomnia) and then Adrian kept waking up in the middle of the night crying. None of us got much sleep. He woke up for good around 6 or so and I woke up around 7. Adrian was way too awake. I was still dizzy and Kim was sick. Kim and Evans left around 8 and I went back to bed.

I woke up after 11 and I had the headache from hell. Not quite a migraine, but still painful. Then of course my sister came over around 1:30 screeching as usual. I think that was my punishment for drinking. I took some aspirin though and that seemed to help. My sister did manage to piss me off though. I know, I know. Big surprise. First of all, we were talking about her wedding and the subject came up of what I was going to wear. Apparently, it is bad etiquette to wear white to a wedding. I was not aware of that rule. I've worn white to a wedding before. The point is that she forbid me from wearing white to her wedding. Can you believe that? She said that she would never forgive me if I did. Who tells their guests what colors they can and not wear? But I did point out to her that technically, she wasn't even supposed to be wearing white to the wedding herself. I mean, really. Me wearing white would not take any attention away from her. Whatever.

Also, we started talking about the fact that Kim and I were drinking last night. She doesn't approve of the fact that she was doing that while Adrian was with us. But he was perfectly safe and he was actually asleep while we were drinking. And the whole reason she slept over was because she didn't want to drink and drive. We weren't doing anything wrong or illegal. At least, I didn't think so. I guess she was implying that Kim was a bad mother. That's funny. I should have pointed out that Jenifer is the one who is smoking, even though she's pregnant. What kind of mother is that? The only reason I didn't point that out is because Dad was there and he isn't "supposed" to know that she smokes (he does). She is a liar. She is also the world's biggest hypocrite. Oy. I don't think I can take her crap much longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home