My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Update on my sister

My sister has now set a wedding date: November 12th. She is in the process of doing her invitations and it is going to be a really small wedding. . . like 50 people if you can call that small. I'm not really that excited about the wedding. Actually, I'm rather neutral about the whole thing and don't really care that much. But everyone there is going to be married or with someone. I'm sure that people will be pressuring me on why I'm not with someone. It's my family, for crying out loud. I have to get a good answer as to why I'm still single. I don't mind being single, but my family sure does.

My sister did find out that she's 6 weeks pregnant. Here's what I do care about and what pisses me off. She's still smoking. She said that she's quitting after she finishes the pack that she's currently smoking. That's crap. She also said that she was going to quit about two days after she found out she was pregnant. I tried to tell her that smoking was bad for the baby, but she doesn't care. I don't understand how someone can continue smoking, even though they know the dangers to the baby. It just goes to show how selfishe is. I don't mean to sound judgemental, but I think it's a sign that she lacks the ability to put her child's needs above her own.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he...I may not have a certain male body part, but I'll go with you to your sister's wedding...

Love,
Kim

October 21, 2005 8:41 AM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

Her wedding is in 3 weeks and she's mailing out the invitations NOW??? Shouldnt they have been mailed in september? Or is it NEXT november wedding...

October 21, 2005 10:13 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

It is a total last minute wedding. It is this November. It's going to be mainly family anyway. I don't even know why she's bothering with invitations. She could just call everyone. I don't think she knows the rules about when the invitations should have gone out. Oh well.

October 21, 2005 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home