My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Untitled Post

I was so lazy that I decided not to give this post a name. I do have news. My crazy, nutty sister is pregnant. . . again. WTF?? No one is really happy about this. . . except maybe my stupid sister and her stupid boyfriend. She has a nine month old baby and her boyfriend already has a kid who will be three in January. Of course they're talking about getting married even though they've only been together for one month. Seriously. . . one month! Don't get me wrong, I'm going to love the baby because it's not the baby's fault that it's mother is an idiot. But my sister is going to be on welfare for the rest of her life.

My sister and I actually started working for my dad this week. He bought back a portion of his garbage company from the company that he sold it to because they couldn't handle it. We both work from home. I answer phones two days a week and Jenifer does it three days a week (apparently she needs money more than I do). My dad is only paying us $6 an hour. Even though I do have bills to pay, I'm not totally desperate for money. I tried to tell her that she should try to get a job that pays better than $6 an hour. She started going on an on about the price of day care, blah, blah, blah. Forget the fact that millions of mothers do it and she would have her boyfriend helping her. She just doesn't want to do any job that involves her getting out of the house. Whatever. She can do whatever the hell she wants to do with her life. That's what I told my grandmother. Frankly, I'm tired of everyone treating her like a child. Someone should force her to grow up. She'll find out how far $6 an hour will go anyway. I have better things to worry about than my sister's life. I have my own problems.

Speaking of which, I have to find health insurance. Fast. I have a prescription to fill and a doctor's appointment this Friday. My regular insurance expired last Friday and I signed up for COBRA. But it's really expensive and I won't even get covered by it until I get my bill and pay, which won't be for another week. This Friday will be my second in a series of treatments for my stupid virus. I have to go back once a week every week for the next month, or until the symptoms are cleared up. Doesn't that sound fun? It's painful and uncomfortable and I hate that it's taking so damn long.

And I think I did something really stupid. I made the mistake of telling my sister about the fact that I have HPV. She said that she wouldn't tell anyone and I foolishly believed her. She actually told me that she has herpes. I'm pretty sure she told my grandmother. That pisses me off. The reason I suspect is because when I told my grandmother that I was going to the gynecologist, she said, "You don't have an STD, do you?" Why on earth would she ask that just because I'm going to the gynecologist? I know that I revealed the fact that I have HPV to everyone online, but I really don't want my family to know. They're very judgmental. It's funny that perfect strangers have been supportive, but I'm terrified of what my family would say. There are people I know that haven't really had the best reactions either. . . mainly, nonexistent. I could reveal Jenifer's secret, too but let's face it. I'm not a horrible human being. I'm going to be a better person than her.

Okay, so that's my life right now. So much excitement. On the upside, I feel great from two great workouts today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Ick, he totally is a spam bot. I'd delete his post if I were you.

Haha, funny (and sad) about your sister. Glad to hear that you're helping out your dad between all the other things you do. I always get a good feeling when I help out my own family.

Hey! We should get married. ;) You could get health insurance through me and get tuition benefits too! Woo! Move up to NY bunk mate! I have a big bed, plenty of room!

Sorry to hear of your troubles with your new viral companion. I'm glad you're getting treatment and in the end I think you'll be just fine. :)

All the best. Love, Luke
(the one you call when nobody else is available) hehe

October 04, 2005 10:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about the HPV still being such a nuisance (for want of a better word). Hang in there, hopefully the treatment over time will make all the difference.

I don't know quite what to say about your sister and her situation. I take it her current boyfriend is not the father of her 9 month old? I know you said they've only been seeing each other for a month, but wanted to check. Actually, I'm at a loss for words, which makes me sound extremely judgemental. I'm trying not to be, but it's difficult. Ah well, as the old maxim says "you made your bed, now lie in it" (that's not YOU, but her)

Now I'm waffling because I still don't know what to say. Must be my cue to go then lol

Take care and keep your chin up :)

October 05, 2005 2:08 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Ugh, I hate spam posts. Yes, getting married to you would totally solve all my problems Luke. No more expensive health insurance, no more student loans, my family would get off my back about getting married, plus I would get the hell out of this town. Not to mention the fact that I would be living in the same town as Wayne's Dim Sum. Yum. . . I'm packing my bags right now.

October 05, 2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Lisa,

It's okay. I'm a little speechless about my sister's situation myself. No, her boyfriend is not the father of her son. Actually, he isn't in the picture. I think I'm with you. She made her bed, now she has to lie in it. I'm just going to worry about my own life. Even with all of my crap, somehow I still have less drama than her which I think is great.

October 05, 2005 11:13 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

ugh! What is your sister thinking?! Birthcontrol...hello. I've known way too many girls like this and it drives me up the wall. My sister had a baby when she was 19 but she's had the sense not to get pregnant again.

October 06, 2005 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home