My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, August 08, 2005

Blah

It's been one of those days. I'm tired, listless, and have no energy at all. I don't even have the energy to exercise. Now that's serious. I feel like I'm moving through quicksand. I feel like I've had to struggle for the energy just to eat or whatever. I think I'm depressed. Maybe it's the fact that I don't have a job, so I have nothing to do throughout the day. I did start looking up Spanish classes though and I'll start one in either mid-August or September. I also called the Partnership Against Domestic Violence to discuss volunteer opportunities. I left her a message, so I just have to wait for a call back regarding training. I'm also thinking about taking a quarter off of school to move to L.A. and immerse myself in the Spanish culture there. This was Cindy's idea. It would only be for a couple of months and I would stay with her. I was actually looking at the dates and deciding when would be the best time to do that. So I guess I have done stuff today that's semi-productive despite my listless state.

I have been hired once again as a phone actress. Yay. I have to decide when to start. I actually have to record a greeting for the callers. That's new. Didn't have to do that last time. It shouldn't be too hard, but I wasn't feeling particularly creative or sexy today. I guess I'll use the same name I used before. Oy.

I don't think men realize how hard it is for women to be in the dating pool. Much harder than it is for them. I received an interesting e-mail from a guy on match.com. I IM'd him on yahoo instant messenger like he said I could. We were chatting for 30 seconds (I swear) when he started talking about sex. And I'm not talking subtle either. . . . this was just plain vulgar. I'm not a prude (obviously), but isn't it a little too soon for that? Maybe he didn't get the memo, but I'm not really in it just to get laid. If that was all I wanted, I have people that I can call. But I want a little more than that, which is why I want to actually take it slow for once. I know. So not like me. Seth even laughed at that one. I know dating is exhausting, but I have to keep chugging along. I'm like the little engine that could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home