My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, August 23, 2004

What a weekend

Well, this was quite a weekend. Saturday, I go into work like a good little soldier for my 12 hour shift. I picked up some greasy food from Arby's to sustain me. Yes, it was awful of me, but I've had a long week so give me a break, okay?? Wendy and I went straight to work on e-mails. It was very tough, considering we had letters that we also had to type in the system. Ugh. I hate those things. I had to take a couple of phone calls and of course our computer system crashes in the middle of one of them. But I handled it like a pro and it was all good. The system eventualy came back up and it was time for me to go to lunch. But it was raining like crazy outside, so I decided to wait. The storm only lasted a few minutes, so I headed to Chick-fil-A. I needed something healthy to wash down the grease from earlier. I got me some lunch and headed back to work. The rest of the night actually went by quickly. It was slow, so I only had to take a couple of calls. That allowed Wendy and me to finish the e-mails and then catch up on all the crap that we had to catch up on from the week. Midnight finally arrived. I was exhausted, but I kept myself awake for the hour long drive home. I got home and crawled into bed.

I'm in bed at 1:30 and then up at 8 to get ready to go go my family's. I get to my aun't place at 9:00 and then we all head to pick up my grandmother from my great-uncle's place. First, we stop somewhere to eat breakfast. I am very good and eat fruit and a little bit of scrambled eggs. My family, however, ate sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, French Toast, omelets, etc. Being healthy is hard. I just sat there with my grapes and pears and jello. Yum, yum. Then we headed to my greatuncle's with a stop at Home Depot beforehand. We got to his place and just hung out for a little while. But he has cancer and he's on a million milligrams of morphine, so he was a little out of it. Geez, chemotherapy sure takes a lot out of a person. He has lung cancer and what is my family doing? Yeah, smoking. For crying out loud. Then we finally leave with my grandmother. On the way home, we decided that we're hungry, so we all went to eat Mexican. Yeah, they don't have fruit plates there. We went to a place that I don't normally go to and the cheese dip wasn't as good. I like my place that I go to with Seth better. Oh, but my aunt did slip me a $100 bill in my pocket and told me that I have to do a good deed for someone else now. Cool huh? After stuffing ourselves silly, we went back home and I hung out with my grandmother for a while. We just talked and whatever. I was exhausted so I came back home. I was in the middle of cleaning when Kim called. She said the police were at her place and she asked if she could stay with me. I didn't ask questions; I just said sure. She said she still had to take her dad's truck back to him and then she would come over. She said she would call me when she was on her way. She called about 11 and said that she wasn't coming over after all. She was exhausted and still had a long drive to my place, so she decided to camp out at her new apartment. She told me a little about the fight and honest to goodness, it just pissed me off. I swear, if I was a cop and they called me, I'd take them both to jail. I'm so pissed at her, but whatever. What can I do? Anyway, I spent the rest of the night watching TV and doing little odds and ends around the house. Now I'm tired and I have to work tomorrow. I'm covering for this guy I work with so that he can spend time in the Dominican Republic. Lucky bastard. But I'm working 1 to 9, so I get to sleep in a little. I'm exhausted. Nighty-night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home