My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!

Well yesterday was a not-so-good day. I woke up bright and early at 7 am to get ready for my interview. The interview went really well, I think. I think they liked my answers to their questions and it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. I know that originally I was up against 400 applicants. I have no idea how many of those passed the written test and got called back for a second interview. I'm sure the competition is still pretty tough. After the interview, I became really ill with a migraine. Dammit. Oh well. Bright side is that I didn't get sick until after the interview. On the way home, I was so intent on getting home as quickly as possible that I got caught speeding. I was doing 52 in a 35. Oops. Yeah, a ticket is just what I need. I actually have been really good about speeding lately (too many tickets will do that to you). I just didn't realize the speed limit was only 35 and I didn't realize I was going so fast. He takes forever to give me the ticket and then I'm very careful about going home. And the migraine is getting worse by the minute. Too bad I can't go into work today. Actually, I wasn't all that torn up about it. So I spent the rest of the day sleeping (good 3 hour nap), watching mindless daytime TV, and reading the great book that I had bought at the airport, Good In Bed (not a dirty book really. . . it's a wonderful novel). I went to bed around 11:00, but just kept tossing and turning. My sister called me around 11:15 to tell me when she was coming over this weekend to celebrate her birthday (which is next Monday). I could not sleep for the life of me, so I got up and watched Just Shoot Me. I also wrote a little. Then, I went to bed and finally passed out.

Today is Luke's birthday!! Happy Birthday Luke! And even though he's younger than me, he's still going to die first because he's a man. Hehe. I woke up bright and early because I had to run errands before work. I went to Target and to my dad's UPS store to mail stuff (free postage rocks). Speaking of which. . . hey Luke, where's my book?? :) It's okay. No rush. Then I head off to work for the first time in 5 days. It's weird being back. We're not too far behind with Chick-fil-A, which is good. I have about 50-something new work e-mails though, so I spend a good twenty minutes going through those. And now I'm on my lunch break, eating my Healthy Choice lunch and catching up on my blog. I didn't want to get too far behind because Luke and Laura will get mad at me. :) Tonight after work, I plan on eating some dinner, doing some much needed cleaning, and catching up on some personal e-mails. Later everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home