My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Sleep is good.

Okay, so I really meant to go to bed early on Thursday. However, I started cleaning and then called Seth and we talked for an hour. We haven't spoken in forever. . . a lot of meaningless crap has happened since we last spoke. I finally go to bed at midnight and I'm up at 7 to get ready for work. Work is good. At the very end of the day, my boss informs me that he wants us to have more e-mail-a-thons on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. So of course I volunteer to work 12 to 12 on all three of those days. Also, one of our clients has 400 e-mails that are older than we need them to be. And the bigwigs wants us to have them done by Monday (yes all of them). And he said that we're up for contract negotiations with them pretty soon and this is not the time to fall behind. Problem? Ha! I thrive on this kind of pressure. And it's nice to work on something besides Chick-fil-A. I work till 9:30, I'm home at 10:30, in bed after 11, and up at 5 for work. Oh, and somewhere in between, I run into the biggest mistake of my 24 years. Oy, what the hell was I thinking? I am way too tired to deal with him. And Saturday, I leave for work before the sun comes up and I am the first to arrive. At least it'll be a normal day though. No overtime today.
 
The day goes by quickly enough and I get to leave at 3:00. YAY! And Seth gets to my place around 4:15. YAY Again!! We head down to the Mall of Georgia (yes, that's the mall's actual name) and get some very fattening spicy chicken at this Cajun place in the food court. We then head to the Mall's movie theatre and see "I, Robot." Fabulous movie, by the way. It was very intense and you got to see Will Smith's butt. It was also a little disturbing, but all in all, it was a great use for my money. Then, we went shopping to my favorite store in the universe, Charlotte Russe. Could the shorts get any shorter?? Seriously, who has the body for that crap. Seth and I had a great time trying to figure out what items were tops and which were bottoms. . . sometimes it was a little tough to figure that out. But I did find a great dress and a great top to wear to work. I also found a cute new purse. And I had a $100 gift card that I had gotten for Christmas, so I didn't pay for any of it. We then leave the store and head to Cinnabon for a fattening snack. For those of you who are unaware, Cinnabon is found in malls and sirports and there desserts are so bad that they don't post the nutritional information on their website. However, because my company also does customer service for them, I do have access to that information. Because of that, I get the low-fat strawberry minibon (probably has a million grams of sugar). I had never tried one before and I never should have. . . it was soooo good. I also had a bite of the really fattening one that Seth got, which probably contained about 300 calories (seriously). Then Seth and I head to Barnes and Noble for some book browsing, one of our favorite pastimes. We spend about an hour and a half in there. I decide to buy an Idiot's Guide to Investing. My company has an investment plan and I might as well take advantage of it while I'm still there (seriously, I do not want to be there for much longer).  And can you imagine it. . . me buying stock? I am such a grownup! I also bought Michael Moore's latest masterpiece, "Dude, where's my country?" I read the introduction and I'm already hooked! I love him so much. Hmm. . . maybe this would be a great birthday present for my father. Hehe. And now the sugar from my minibon has caught up with me. Migraine time. Since I went on my health kick, I'm not used to eating that much sugar at a time. Fat maybe. . . sugar no. We head back to my place and I get Seth to finish pumping air in my balance ball cause it was a little too mushy. We watch some Mad TV, I lay down, and I pretty much pass out.
 
The best part of the ENTIRE day?? I do NOT move for 8 and 1/2 hours! Woo-hoo! I feel wonderful!! While I'm waiting for Seth to awaken, I watch Jessica get laser eye surgery on Newlyweds (so weird) and then I watch about 4 episodes of Beverly Hills, 90210. It's so weird to see Jason Priestley circa 1993. How old were they back then? 30?? Seth finally awakens at 11:30, we eat and get ready to head to his car thing. We get there and it's pretty awesome. Seth gets to drive a BMW, a Subaru, and a Volvo on 3 different courses. And the object is pretty much to go as fast as you can. My God, Seth knows how to do that. We were actually riding on 3 tires a couple times. Actually, I think we were riding on 2 at one point. It was awesome though. I didn't really want to drive, even though I could have. Like Seth said, "Cindy likes riding." Hehe. After that, we decide to go eat Mexican. The host and waiter are so hot and we are distracted. Then we come home and it's time for Seth to leave. Damn. I watch some TV. I also have this "10-minute Clutter Control" book. I'm attempting to Feng Shui my life. And apparently, I learned that clutter on your nightstand can confuse your love life and disturb your sleep. Hmmm. . . so that's why I'm alone and tired. I did manage to de-clutter my desk and my nightstand. We'll work on the rest later. Whatever, like anything's going to change. Right now, I need a massage. I have this huge knot right under my shoulder blades that's been building for about a week. It's very painful. I'm also very sleepy. I may go to bed now. Don't expect a blog from me anytime soon. . . I'm working 12 to 12 for the next 3 days, so I'll be unavailable. Check in on me to make sure I'm still alive!

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I'm so desperate for a Cindy update! Please update me Cindy! What is going on with your life???

July 23, 2004 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog here.. I also have a site you may want to visit about laser eye surgery feel free to check it out.. Articles and news added daily.. Please feel free to add to your links..

October 16, 2005 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home