My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Catch-Up

Okay, I know it's been a while since my last blog, but it has been a hectic few days. On Friday, I went to work and it was fairly uneventful. I still hadn't heard from Kim and I was getting a little worried. But on the way home, she called me. It turns out that she thought she had e-mailed me and she has spent the past two days waiting for me to e-mail her. That's funny. I was on my way home from work and since I had not reached her exit yet, she asked if I wanted to come over to her place and talk. When I got there, Dave (asshole boyfriend) was there, so we didn't really get a chance to talk. Instead, we caught up, ate dinner, and I played with the kids. It's amazing how fast kids can grow in 3 months! They're also the cutest kids in the world. Anyway, Kim had to go to Wal-Mart to get some things, so we left the kids with Dave so that we could go and talk. I'm not really sure if she understands that she did anything wrong, but she said she would try to watch the fighting with Dave thing and try not to do it in front of me. That's all I ask, I guess. We spent a little time at Wal-Mart and then we went back to her place. Since it was close to 10:30 at that time, I went home. I ended up not going to bed until after 1:30.

On Saturday, I got up bright and early to go to work. I got a lot of work done and it was kind of slow. After work, I had to go to Wal-Mart to get some things. I was starving, so I ended up spending a lot more money than I intended. Oy. Then I went home, ate, and watched LIfetime TV. I chatted with Luke a little and also I heard my dad and his girlfriend get into a huge fight. They were yelling like crazy and she was crying. She was probably drunk and had pulled some stupid stunt. He finally left around 2 am. God, I hate this crap. I finally went to bed around 2:30.

On Sunday, I woke up and got ready to go over to Kim's Her friend was having a baby shower so we had plans to go to that and then go to the American Idol concert. I went to Kim's place and waited for her to get ready. Of course, she was running late. Hehe. Finally, we left and went to her friend's baby shower. I had only met her friend a couple of times, but she's nice and we had fun. Kim and I helped decorate beforehand. We ate lunch and played a few baby shower games (which I lost, of course). We left in plenty of time to get to the concert. Of course, we spent 15 minutes looking for parking. One parking lot wants $20 for parking! As if! We finally found a parking lot that only wanted $8 and it was only a couple blocks away from the arena. The concert was totally awesome! Everyone (even John Stevens, who I normally hate) was awesome. Thay all had so much energy. The concert was totally sold out. Of course, I'm in Diana's home town, so that's normal. We had really good seats on the floor, so we were able to see the stage really well. The concert lasted about 3 hours and then we fought thousands of people to find the exit and our way to the car. Our ears were both ringing from the noise and our throats were sore from all the yelling. And it was raining. Joy. Luckily, we weren't parked that far away and it was only drizzling, so it wasn't so bad. Kim and I were hungry after that so we went to Krystal's for a late-night snack on our meager budget. We got home after 11 and ate our dinner. Dave was watching Schindler's List (which we had never seen), so we watched part of that. We watched the first half and then we went to bed cause it was really late and we were exhausted.

Adrian woke me up a couple of times in the middle of the night screaming bloody murder. Man, I have no idea how Kim puts up with it all the time. I woke up for a good about 8:30, a few minutes before Dave left for work. Kim woke up soon after, as did the boys. We pretty much spent the rest of the day hanging out and doing nothing. Of course, we did watch, Barney, Elmo's World, Sesame Street, and other quality PBS programming. I played with the boys a lot. I gave each of them so much attention, it was crazy. Christian was so sweet. He just sat in my lap while he watched TV. I swear, if I didn't know how hard kids were, I'd want to have one right now. But I think I can wait a few more years. . . at least. Dave got home from work that night and we decided to move a lot of stuff over to their apartment that they will soon be moving into. They had picked up the keys already, but they have till the end of the month to be out of their current apartment. They loaded stuff into my car and theirs. We get there and Kim and I start a concersation with some hot guy living in the same complex. Of course, the guy has a girlfriend. Dave got pissed and began bitching at Kim. And once again, they have a screaming match. Great. She really never learns. After an hour of this, we leave him to go back to her place. She called me on my cell on the way back and said that she would understand if I never wanted to speak to her again. It would be really easy, but I can't do that. She did say that she has a temper and that's not going to change and I'm just going to have to accept it. Great. I tried to explain to her that she should be more worried about what she's doing to her children than me, but I don't think she got it. Anyway, I'm just tired of thinking about it. I left her place around 9:15 and headed home to my cozy bed. I was just hoping that my dad and his girlfriend weren't going at it again. Jesus, everywhere I look, I practically trip over a dysfunctional relationship. Is it any wonder that I'm still single?? I unpacked a little and cleaned and then went to bed.

Today, I woke up a little groggy. I felt like I hadn't slept very well. I headed off to work and all day, I felt a little off. . . kind of migrainey (yeah, sure that's a word). And Dwight was kind enough to remind me that my midyear review thing crap is due tomorrow. Yikes! I haven't even started. Oh well. I looked over it and realized it wouldn't take that long to do. He also asked me where my trashy romances were. He said it was weird that I got political all of a sudden and that I acted like I was too good for them. Ha! As if I would ever be too good for trashy romance novels. I left work at 7:00 on the dot and headed home. Traffic was good. I got home, had a nice dinner of cocktail shrimp and crackers. Then I spent forever catching you people up on my life. I don't even know how many people read this, but feel free to comment and drop me a line. I'm tired now and I have lots to do before bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Even if I only read it, I still love knowing what you're doing! :)

August 18, 2004 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home