My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, August 06, 2004

Quite Days

Well it's pretty much business as usual here in Georgia. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Yesterday was Thursday and I don't think anything really great or interesting happened. I worked of course. I came home to discover that our Internet was down. Again. Doh! I called the Internet company, per Dad's request, and they said it might be working by tonight (Friday), so we'll see. I did a lot of cleaning and laundry. I made myself a very healthy dinner of grilled chicken and brown rice (yes, it was actually good). Unfortunately, I can't e-mail anyone or balance my checkbook or anything because the Internet is down. I called Seth cause we hadn't spoken in a while. Poor thing is under the weather. :( We were sad because we thought we couldn't see each other this weekend and 2 weeks is too long to not see each other. My sister is coming this Sunday to celebrate her birthday and Seth has to put his sign up for his business. Then I volunteered to come see him on Sunday night after my sister has left. We will eat Mexican and see a movie and I'll finally get to see where his business is going to be. He lives an hour and a half away, but he's worth it and he does it all the time for me. Finally, I go to bed at 12:30. I'm happy cause I don't have to be at work till 1:00 on Friday and that means more sleep. Yippee!!

I didn't wake up until 9:30. . . let's hear it for 9 solid hours of sleep!! Today is Friday and Kim's birthday. That makes me a little sad that we're not speaking. Dos and Luke said I should just call her and pretend that nothing has happened. However, that would be a little difficult because a) Kim and I don't work like that and b) it's been 3 months since we've spoken! It might have been easier for me to do that a week after the fight, but 3 months?? No way. I went to the grocery store and picked up some yogurt and other necessities. When I got to work, I did send Kim a nice e-card. It basically said that even though we're not on the best of terms, I miss her and I'm thinking of her. I got the notification that she picked up the card around 4:00 pm. However, she has yet to e-mail or call me to thank me or try to patch things up. Great. I guess the ball's in her court now. We weren't really planning on doing anything today anyway. I do have the American Idol tickets, but that's not until next weekend. I guess if we're still not talking, I'll take Seth. I mean, I paid for them and I wanted to see them too. But Kim is also a huge fan and I'll feel bad for going without her. I just don't know what to do about that. Seth said he doesn't like how she treats me sometimes anyway. Oh well. I'll think about it tomorrow (as Scarlett would say). I won Season One of Buffy on DVD a month ago on Ebay and I still haven't received it. I e-mailed the seller and she said she mailed it. She did give me a tracking number and the post office said that they delivered it on July 12th. So where is it?? Great. I'll have to call the post office. It's a good thing that I got the insurance. Work went well, if not kind of quite. Chick-fil-A actually has 7 e-mails right now! Woo-hoo! I'll be alone tomorrow, but I'll be able to keep them under control. Duh. Maybe I can also catch up on a lot of things that I haven't been able to do. I have also been searching for a good Indian restaurant. I have been craving Indian food something fierce. I'll look at reviews and see what's good. But I haven't seen many reviews of Indian restaurants around, so Seth and I will just have to go check them out and be the first. Now, it's ten minutes till I have to leave work and I just wanted to catch up on my blog before I forgot stuff. I feel a migraine coming on, but hopefully it won't hit until after the hour long commute home. I'll get home just in time for Will and Grace and then I'll clean some more before hitting the hay. And tomorrow I'm working 2 to 10, so it's more sleeping in. YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home