My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, August 21, 2004

So sick of people's drama. . .

The past couple of days have been mad crazy, stupid, insane. Ugh. The week's actually passed in a blur, so I'll try to remember as much as I can. Wednesday was stupid and boring, I think. I did find out when Cindy's winter break was and I asked for the time off from work. It looks like I'll be going there on December 17th. I'm not sure if I'm coming back on the 23rd or the 24th, but I'll figure it out later. I'm just glad I got the time off work. The rest of the day was just uneventful. I don't remember. I do know that I felt very icky. I need a doctor and some drugs, I think.

Thursday started great, but ended distrasously. I won a "Spot" award for the month because I'm a fabulous employee. My supervisor said that I "have a great attitude and consistently balance high quantity with high quality." Yeah, sounds like me. The prize was a choice between 2 free movie tickets and an hour off from work. I chose the hour off. I also won 2 free movie passes later because I was one of the employees who completed the most transactions per hour. So basically, I do a lot of work. And Kim and I have plans to go to the movies this weekend, so we're going for free. Woo-hoo! I was still feeling icky throughout the day though. I went home, did some crap on the computer, watched TV. I also tried to call my insurance company about my windshield to get the names of people in my area who would fix it. The woman I spoke to was not helpful. She frustrated me. When I got off the phone, it was after midnight, so I decided to go to bed. I had to be up at 7:30 so that I could head to work early and catch up on some stuff. I finally fall asleep around 12:30. I wake back up at 12:45 because my dryer went off and my dad and Sheila were going at it again. Wonderful. They finally stopped and I tossed and turned, trying to fall asleep. Then, Kim calls me at 1:15. Surprise, surprise. . . her and Dave are fighting. The reason that she called is because Dave didn't believe her about some stupid, petty thing that happened on Monday when I was there. So of course she thought he'd listen to me and she wanted me to tell him. Jesus. He didn't even get on the phone and I was glad. I can't even believe her. Then she said she thought it was 11:00 and not 1:00. So apparently this call would have been appropriate at an earlier time. I was pissed off and I'm sure she knew it. We hung up and I tried to go back to sleep.

After the worst night's sleep in history, I'm up at 7:30 am. I shower and get ready in an hour and then I'm off to work. Traffic was actually really good considering the fact that it was 8:30 on a weekday morning. Kim called me while I was on my way to work. She apologized for calling me so late. That pissed me off. She didn't realize that calling me like that and dragging me into her fight was wrong; she was just sorry because it was so late. I am really sick of this. She's not being a good mother. She's not being a good friend. I don't know what I'm going to do about this. She used to be a good friend, but then Dave came along. Lately, it seems like she takes me for granted. She doesn't care about what I'm thinking or feeling. We stopped talking for 3 months and after a week of actually speaking, she's pulling the same crap. I don't know how much longer I can take this, but I hesitate about just giving up on our friendship. We've known each other for like 5 years. Anyway, she pretty mich told me about the whole stupid fight. Like I cared. She says that they're broken up, but I'll believe it when I see it. She's still moving into the new apartment. She said that he'll help with rent and live somewhere else. Whatever. I did offer to watch the kids for a weekend while she moved so that they wouldn't be in the way. I'll probably regret it later when Adrian's waking me up at 1:00 and 3:00 and 5:00 in the morning. But they're great kids. I love them. I just feel sorry for them because they have to grow up in an angry household. Lord knows, nobody's looking out for their best interests. Argh. Anyway, we talked for a while and then I picked up some food at McDonald's before going to work. I did manage to catch up on a lot of work before my regular shift. The real highlight of the day: Chick-fil-A for lunch. Mmmm. . . yummy. While I was sitting at my desk, enjoying my lunch, my supervisor (Michele) came to over to ask me and Wendy (another woman who does Chick-fil-A e-mails) a huge favor. Apparently, tomorrow night, they DESPERATELY need people to answer phones for Chick-fil-A. She said that between 3 and 11 pm, they were only going to have one person on the phones, and after that, they weren't going to have anyone. Now, that's a problem since we're open till midnight. Wendy and I graciously volunteered to work 4 to midnight so that we could cover the e-mails and the phones. I did make sure Michele knew I would have to cancel plans (movies with Kim), but I told her that I would be happy to help. Wendy and I also volunteered to come in early so that we could get as many e-mails done as possible before we answered phone calls. So we're working 12 to 12 tomorrow. Yippee. But all of the head honchos were very impressed that we were so flexible with our schedules. So that was my day. I came home, had dinner, watched TV, etc. I know there's so much stuff I should be doing, but I've just felt so damn lazy this week. Ugh. Now, I'm going to watch some more TV and hit the sack. Night everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home