My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

"I remember there was one day. . . a few years ago. . . I don't think I was tired then"

So yesterday, I get up to face a day of work after my relaxing weekend (first one in a long time). It turns out that my supervisor DID need me to come in on Monday. She said that she meant to call me about 15 million times, but she was mad busy. I guess I should have called her back, but I enjoyed my day off. I wasn't planning on working overtime last night, but they just needed me so bad. So I worked 11 to 9. It was very quiet at work today.

Me: "I am soooo over this week."
Dwight: "What?? It just started. . . this is like Monday for you."

Blah, blah, blah. Everyone's testy because of the millions of e-mails that we have. I'm so tired of work. Thats all I do. And I volunteered to work 11 hours three days in a row this week. But Seth is coming over this weekend and we'll go shopping and to the movies and to his car thing. I'm so proud of him. He finally found a place to put his car business, so he'll be able to apply for a dealership license soon. I haven't seen him in weeks. I can't wait.

So today, I'm up at 5 am so that I can be at work by 8. The moon is still out when I leave. I am so not used to that. And I hear on the radio that the temperature will be 95 degrees today, but it will feel like 110. Ugh. Georgia weather sucks. I don't care what season it is. Traffic makes me mad. I hate people with the passion of a thousand suns. It is nice actually getting a parking space right by the door. Score! I actually get work done today, which is nice. I'm actually caught up. The rest of the company is another question. I get to send out an e-mail telling my coworkers what e-mails to do since I'm the first one there. Aaah. . . I feel so important. My boss sends out an e-mail saying that we need all the help we can get, so feel free to volunteer for overtime. She also said that one of the bigwigs wants us to organize another e-mail-a-thon to get e-mails done. Oh joy. We've barely recovered from the last one. Of course, what the hell am I thinking?? I work 11 hours a day with no sweat anyway. What's an extra hour?? So I volunteered to work like 60 hours next week. And I told my boss that I would be up for another e-mail-a-thon. I also reminded her that I would be UNAVAILABLE the weekend of the 30th. Thank God I'll get out of here. I need a break. . . badly. I work, work, work some more. I had planned to go shopping after work at 7. However, I was too damn tired so I went home. And of course it starts raining and traffic is a nightmare. I get home, eat some turkey chili, and watch "Quintuplets." (funny show) Then I worked out to Denise Austin for an hour and I feel great. Then I watched Will and Grace and now it's time for bed. I'm up at 7 and I'm tired. But then again, I'm always tired.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Hey!

You work like a dog.. I could never work as hard as you!

I was remembering my trip to GA today while at the beach... so hot!

Can't wait for you to get up here.

July 14, 2004 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home