My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, July 12, 2004

TWO Days off in a row??? No way!!

Today was beautiful. My supervisor never called me back, which meant she either didn't need me today or they wouldn't approve the overtime. Either way, it meant that I got to enjoy a second day off. . . so I had an actual weekend! That has not happened in a long time. So I lounged around in my pajamas for several hours. I made a pot of turkey chili to take to work for lunch this week. I think it came out okay. I can never get it just right though. Oh well, practice makes perfect. I also tried a Slim Fast Potato soup, which I didn't like very much. Too powdery or something. I think I'll stick with Campbell's. It's got less calories anyway. I also watched an old Dallas rerun. I saw the one where Pam realized Bobby's death (and the whole previous season) was all a dream. Yeah. . . stupidest storyline in TV history. I also had some Healthy Choice Rocky Road (yum yum!) and watched a Buffy rerun. Then, I worked out for an hour. I did Denise Austin cardio and then Denise Austin's "Shrink your female fat zones." It was an intense workout. Right now my arms are sore from the weight exercises. I also used the balance ball for the first time with Denise Austin's workout. It was interesting. And by interesting, I mean hilarious cause I had to work so hard to keep my balance. So glad I was by myself. It really worked my abs though. I can feel that too. This was my first real workout since I hurt my knee. I had forgotten how good I feel afterwards. Then, I finished cleaning, vacuuming, and laundry that I hadn't had a chance to finish yesterday. I also bought the tickets for Seth and I to go see "Chicago." Yay!! I can't wait. For dinner, I had another Slim Fast meal. This one was Fettucine Alfredo. Not as good as the real thing, but it's okay. Not bad, actually. I watched some Seinfeld, some Friends, and so much Lifetime TV it's a little pathetic. I also worked out again. I did the Bellydancing thing. I was able to get through the whole workout this time. The 3 minutes just flew by. Tough moves though. And now I'm finishing up the Lifetime "Movie of the Month" and Will and Grace at the same time. I'm also hungry. And I have to force myself not to eat. Eating at night is bad. I've been a little slack the past couple of weeks and I want to maintain my weight. Actually, I want to lose more. So no food after 9:00. Besides, I know that my entire weekend at Rochester, I'll be eating late and eating good things that are bad for me. So I have to prepare. I can't wait though. I can almost taste the Golden Port now. Mmmmm. . . so hungry. I wish they delivered to Georgia. And even though they have Taco Bell, Denny's, and McDonald's down here, it'll still be great to go to those places with Dos and Luke again. Now, I'm reminiscing. Good times, good times. Hmm. . . maybe I miss the food more than them. Hehe. I jest. Have to go now. It will be bedtime soon and tomorrow is all about Chick-fil-A e-mails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home