My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, August 27, 2004

I am so over this week. . .

I know it's been a while since my last blog and I'm sorry. I'm really, really bad about that. I'll try to remember everything that's happened. Or at least. . . everything important. Tuesday was very slow at work. By 4:30, we had NOTHING to do. I caught up on some work and then pretty much goofed off on the Internet while waiting for the occasional e-mail to come in. I can't believe it's come to this. . . I'm actually wanting customer's to complain. Oy. I left a 7:00 on the dot. I called Seth on the way home and we laughed a lot. We always laugh. He said that he would come over this weekend to hang out with me and the kids. He said that we could take them to Wal-Mart and pretend they were ours. Hehe. . . he's so funny. We also talked about "online guy" (that's his nickname). He agrees that this guy calling me "his baby" even though we've never met is definitely "psycho stalker obsessive much" (his words). Seth suggested that I scare him off by telling him that I'm engaged to my uncle. I suggested telling him that I was knocked up, but Seth said that probably wouldn't do it. Haha. I'll think of something.

When I went home, I made dinner and watched Olympic stuff. I called Kim to ask about this weekend and that's when the night kind of fell apart. I asked if she still wanted me to keep the kids for her this weekend and of course, she did. I also happened to mention that Seth would probably come over and hang out with me and she said she would prefer that I not do that. She said that if Seth didn't want to have anything to do with her, then she didn't want him to have anything to do with her children. Are you kidding me? I thought she was being petty and harsh and I told her so. I also said that Seth wasn't coming over to see her kids; he was coming to see me. She said if I wanted to see him, then she would find another babysitter. Then we got into a fight and I told her that Seth had every right to end their friendship, that she hasn't changed (she thinks she has), and that she hasn't been a very good friend to me lately. We argued a lot about a lot of things and she did say that her and Dave are over. Right now, she has to be under the same roof as him because she's unemployed, but she's working on that. Yeah, we'll see. Anyway, we hung up on semi-decent terms and I told Seth that I couldn't see him this weekend. He thought she was being harsh as well. I really resent her making me choose between my godsons and my best friend. She's just using her children to punish us and to make a point. Whatever. I went to bed very upset.

After a restless night's sleep, I got up to face another day of work. We had a surplus of e-mails. When I left, there were 2 and now there are 70. What the hell?? The day pretty much blew. There was stupid customer after stupid customer and my system went down for like an hour. It was raining and I was parked all the way across the parking lot and I had been planning to go out for my lunch. Luckily, Wendy let me use her umbrella to get to my car. I have an umbrella, but it was miles away in my car. And the Chick-fil-A near my work was also closed for remodeling for the third day in a row. Dammit, they were supposed to reopen today. So instead of healthy food at Chick-fil-A, I got some great Chicken Strips at Arby's (which I had never tried). So fattening. . . . and yet so good! The rest of the day passed very, very slowly. I went home, showered, ate, and went to bed.

Today, I woke at 6:00 cause I was supposed to be at work by 9:00 today. I heard about a body that had been found on the interstate. Apparently, someone had jumped or fell off the overpass and then they were hit by a car. It was taking 55 minutes to go one mile to get past it. It wasn't the way I was going, but of course the news talked about spectator delays that were on my side because of stupid idiots trying to get a look. I left 2 hours early for work and everywhere you looked, it was crazy. There were delays where I had never had delays before. I usually have to go down 4 different interstates to get to work. It took me an hour just to get to the second one. Normally, it only took 35 minutes. But I actually came down with a migraine while I was driving there. I would have continued on and worked through it, but I just couldn't handle any more traffic. Plus, I was feeling like I was going to be sick. So I got off the exit, turned around, and made it about 15 minutes down the road before I had to pull over and throw up. I got back home around 9:00 and slept for 2 and a half hours. I felt slightly better when I got up, so I did various things on the Internet. I finally found out how my dad's network thing worked and burned all my pictures onto CDs using his computer. Then I cleared some room off my hard drive. I also watched some mindless daytime TV. I was planning to going to see my grandmother before she left for my great-uncle's tomorrow. He has cancer and she's been staying with him. Then, I found out that she already went up there. Apparently, my uncle took a turn for the worse and now he's on life support. Damn, that happened so quickly. He's been in a lot of pain and he's been sick, but he's been doing chemotherapy. Of course, the doctor had said earlier in the week that he didn't think the treatments were working. I called my uncle's place to leave a message for my grandmother and aunt. I just got off the phone with her and things are bad. They said that he has clots in his legs and lungs and the cancer had spread a lot. Now he's on a respirator. They're doing tests and they'll find out tomorrow whether to take him off it or not. But there's not a lot of hope. I told my grandmother that if she needed me to come down, I would. She said she would call me tomorrow and let me know how things were going. So I may not be able to keep Kim's kids after all. I may be going down there. Oy, I am so over this week. I need a stiff drink. Okay, I'm watching TV and then going to bed. I am so tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home