My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Emotional Roller-coaster

The only explanation for my lack of post lately has been a bad case of writer's block. I really wasn't sure what I wanted to write about. The last few weeks have been a little. . . emotional, hectic, stressful, etc. I've been dealing with my chaotic schedule of internship, work, work, and class and of course, Boy Wonder. To be honest, Boy Wonder and I have been having a few problems. Some of them have been my fault, some his, and some just plain miscommunication. It seems like we've been fighting a lot lately and I'm kind of at a loss as to how to fix it. They haven't really been serious fights. . . well, most of them anyway. I don't know if we've been fighting because I've been taking out my stress on him or maybe he's taking out some of his on me or maybe there are some miscommunication differences that we're trying to iron out or maybe we're in some weird transition period because we've been going out for half a year (7 months to be exact) and we're trying to. . . I really don't know what the hell it is we're trying to do. I do know that we are still in love and talking about marriage. He keeps telling me that he knows we're soulmates and I agree. There are just some personality conflicts that we have to work on. I have a few issues. I need to learn that he's not perfect and there are some things that I just have to let go. And he's a guy so he can hardly read my mind. But I love him. That's all that really matters. . . right? Bottom line is that we don't really have any issues that we can't work out and for that, I'm grateful.

My internship is going well. I'm still really enjoying the work. Believe it or not, I actually like all my sex offender clients, even the ones who refuse to talk to me because they think therapy is a big waste of time. Actually, there is one that I don't really care for. Yes, I know that it's weird that I actually like my clients. But sex offenders are very likeable people and most of them are trying in their own ways to get better. Client by client, I'm doing my part to make a difference.

This weekend I'm taking such a break from everything. I'm working the overnight shift tonight at the shelter and the rest of the time will be spent focusing on me. I already told Boy Wonder that I desperately needed some "me" time. I don't get much of that, between work and him. He totally understands. Sunday, Kim has tickets to a hockey game so that will be a lot of fun. I'm so excited to have a whole weekend devoted to relaxing, watching TV, having fun. and most of all, SLEEPING IN. Ahhh. . . good times.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Good to hear you're relaxing!

March 06, 2007 3:52 PM  
Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

I totally get you about the writer's block thing. Don't know whether it's the same for you, but lots of times it happens that the days I have the most on my mind or the most to sort out are the days I find it hardest to write! Even though I desperately want to and feel it would be so therapeutic.

Not like you asked for advice (so you can feel free to ignore me), but I was thinking when I was reading your post. Maybe you and Boy Wonder are putting too much pressure on yourselves by talking marriage and soulmates and everything all the time. Maybe you should take some time "off" from all that (set a limit if you like, like a month or something) and just enjoy each other as you are right this very minute. I don't know. I've had similar relationship problems, and sometimes that works.

Either way, I love to read your posts, so I'm glad you wrote.

March 22, 2007 3:11 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Maybe you're right about the whole pressure thing. I have decided to stop talking and focusing so much on the whole marriage thing. Sometimes it's hard for me to just live in the moment, but I should really learn. I don't want to get married until after school anyway. So I need to just relax and enjoy our relationship as it is now. Whatever happens will happen.

March 23, 2007 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home