My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

It looks like I am finally getting over my sickness and wouldn't you know it? Boy Wonder gets sick. I guess it's really not that far-fetched. I went to the doctor a couple of days ago and I got some antibiotics that pretty much kicked it out of my system. So now I feel pretty damn great. The doctor did give me some stuff that had codeine in it to help me sleep. I just took it the first night because my coughing was so bad. Man, that stuff will knock you out. Boy Wonder called about an hour after I fell asleep and I barely remembered who he was. It was awesome. I think I'll save that stuff and next time I'm having a bad day, I'm just going to take a big gulp and pass out. Excellent.

I do feel bad for causing my boyfriend to get sick. We went to Calloway Gardens last night to see the lights. It was a really nice light show, but one thing I don't understand what do kites have to do with Christmas? Or sailboats? Or raccoons or beavers or turtles? At least the frog was wearing a Santa hat. There was plenty of Christmas related itms, but it took a while to get there. And I had the best thing EVER last night. . . a deep-fried Snickers. Oh. My. God. It was the perfect combination of dough and chocolate and powdered sugar. I was in heaven. I think I even had a few orgasms while eating it.

Anyway, I am so appreciative that Boy Wonder took me to that light show even though he was sick. I don't think Boy Wonder is as bad off as I was, but I can tell he feels pretty bad and it's hard to tell if it will get worse or not. Of course, he's a guy so he is complaining a LOT. That's okay, though. I just offer my sympathy, make him take his medicine, and I have to practically force feed him orange juice. I just hate that he's sick for our first Christmas and our five month anniversary is on Tuesday, too.

This week is going to be pretty busy so I don't think I'll be blogging very much this week. I'm working at the shelter right now and I do have to work at the shelter again tomorrow and Tuesday. I'll be spending time with my family and my sick boyfriend. Tuesday is not only my five month anniversary with Boy Wonder, but we also have tickets to a hockey game. GO THRASHERS! On Wednesday, we will be leaving for Alabama to spend a couple of days with his family. Hopefully, he will be somewhat better by then. But I am a great nurse so he is in excellent hands. Happy Holidays everyone!

And one last little tidbit. . . I have been meaning to post a link to this article for a few days now. It is so freaking hilarious and I think men and women should read it. So here's to some happy reading and a lot of excellent lovin' (for those of you luckky bastards who aren't sick) during the holidays.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Have a great New Year's Day and 2007!!!!

December 30, 2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

Glad you are feeling better! Beware of the codeine is all I have to say!!!!!!

I was sick during the holidays too. It's so unfair; it seems like something always goes around at this time of year-must be all the stress and extra things to do.

Guess what I found out? The stalker was NOT that guy. It was his crazy jealous girlfriend pretending to be him. Ha! That's some psycho stuff, man. The plot thickens. I couldn't even make this stuff up.

December 30, 2006 9:31 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Hey Cynthia! Happy holidays. I love my present! I hope you like yours. :) Next time, warn me about clicking that article at work! Haha. Let's plan to go to DC sometime late Spring?

January 02, 2007 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home