My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Cleaning Frenzy

First cooking, now cleaning. What the hell is wrong with me? Somebody slap me please. All last week I was in a cleaning frenzy. I busted my ass for just about five days straight cleaning my place up. I threw away about ten garbage bags worth of my stuff. I never realized what a pack rat I was. I have a theory about why I was in such a frenzy. Boy Wonder was out of town, my classes were over, and I had to throw all of my pent-up sexual energy towards something. I saw Boy Wonder on Saturday and let's just say I didn't feel like cleaning anymore after that. The bad thing is that I was in the middle of a cold and by that night, it was making me pretty damn miserable. Boy Wonder had tickets for Cirque du Soleil for Saturday and we did go to that. It was an amazing show. I was struggling to breathe through the entire thing, but it was great. He actually wanted to take me to the doctor after the show, but I refused. He did go out to the store at midnight to get cough medicine for me. On Sunday, I went into work like a trooper, even though I was still miserable. Boy Wonder and I were supposed to drive to Calloway Gardens to see some magnificent Christmas lights that afternoon, but that was not going to happen. I barely had the energy to make it to his place. He did take excellent care of me. He ordered me to bed, bought me yoo-hoos (one of my favorite drinks and it felt sooo good on my throat), made sure I took my medicine, gave me dinner, and was just so good to me. No wonder I love him so damn much.

I'm still feeling pretty bad today, but my fever is gone and I'm not nearly as achy and tired. I feel a little out of sorts with no classes, but I do have a big ass training manual from my practicum site that I have to read. Fun, fun, fun. Looks like I'm going back with Boy Wonder to spend Christmas with his family right after the holidays next week. I was invited and apparently, they were thoughtful enough to get me something. I will get them something and then I have a few last minute gifts to get for other people and I'm done with shopping. Woo-hoo! And Boy Wonder gave me a cookbook (given to him for Christmas a few years ago) and there are tons of recipes I'm dying to try. Good times, good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Hmm. . . I think a swollen finger after a cat bite is not a good thing.

My graduation will probably be in December. Yes, there will be a ceremony and I really am going to hope for no blow horns on this one.

December 24, 2006 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home