My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Counseling and anniversaries

Wow, has it really been that long since my last post? How much have you guys missed me? Yeah, I didn't think so. So much has been happening. I have been a little crazed with work and school and my internship. Oh, and there's my boyfriend. He requires a little of my attention as well. He's just crazy that way.

My internship has been going pretty well. It's taken me this long to feel like I'm starting to get the hang of what I'm doing. I keep expecting the director of the program to realize I'm a huge fraud and to kick me out. So far, so good. I have a caseload of 11 clients. Most of them have been in therapy for years and there isn't much else that needs to be done. I think they gave me some of their hopeless clients on purpose. Maybe it's because they didn't want to deal with them and they know I can't really screw them up any more. Haha. Or maybe they think that I may be able to have a breakthrough with them. I'm determined to try. I don't like going into session thinking that there's nothing I can do to help the client. It's not my style. I do have a few clients that are brand new to treatment and they are the ones I'm really excited about. I'm starting from scratch. All I know is that I really like this job and I could totally imagine myself doing this for the rest of my life. But it has only been a month. I guess we'll see how the other nine go. It'll fly by though. And what happens in December?? GRADUATION!!!! Woo-hoo!

Boy Wonder and I are moving along swimmingly. I have no idea what that means, I just thought it sounded nice. We celebrated our six month anniversary on January 26th. And how did we celebrate that aniversary? A fantabulously exciting hockey game. Damn, I really love hockey. And I kind of love Boy Wonder, too. Valentine's Day will be awesome next week. I'm making him a nice gift. He's already bought my gift, which I will get this weekend. He bought me a digital voice recorder. Isn't that romantic? Seriously, I needed one to record my sessions for my case presentations that I do for class. It was so sweet of him to buy it for me. And apparently, it's a pretty nice one too.

I guess that's been my life so far. Just internship and life. I won't go so long before a post next time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! A post from Uno! So glad things are great with you and Wonder Bread. . . and super glad that you like your internship! It is a great feeling to love what you are doing. I miss you!

:) Laura

February 10, 2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

Yay!! I'm glad to read your posts again too! I am thinking that they put the "old" cases with you because you are fresh out of school and could bring a brand new, unjaded perspective to the people who have been in therapy forever. You know, the therapists who have been seeing the clients forever are probably just as tired of all of it as the clients are. I wouldn't be down about it at all; I would approach it as a great challenge. I'm so proud of you, can't ya tell!! :)

That's so awesome about the voice recorder! My BF bought me one for V-day too! Two years ago, when I started my journalism career. Aww, and we are about to move in together, after over three years. So it's a very good sign of things to come, girlfriend.

February 10, 2007 2:02 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Hi hi and welcome back. You've been busy and I look forward to seeing you in March!

February 12, 2007 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home