My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Pain is my friend

I know I've been a bit sporadic about posting lately and I apologize. Things have been a bit crazy and I have been a bit lazy.

I'm working about 40 hours this weekend alone (between Friday and Monday). This leaves little time to work out, but I'm trying. I've decided to severely restrict my calorie intake. I'm trying not to go over 1000 calories. . . or at least not very much over. Many would say that's too drastic. Drastic times call for drastic measures. I have to go back to my routine of working out 2 hours a day. . . more if need be. As this instructor of a kickboxing workout (fabulous workout) said, "Pain is your friend." That is my new mantra. Yeah, like I had one to begin with. I also decided to use little "thinspirations." They are my motivators. I have pictures of supermodels taped on my refrigerator and in my car. On the pictures, I wrote, "Are you really hungry?" Hopefully, that will deter me when I try to eat. I'm trying to drink more water. They say it fills you up, but it's not doing the job like it should. It just makes you have to go to the bathroom every ten minutes. It's hard not eating as much. I'm constantly using my calculator to determine what my intake for the day is. I plan out every single meal and snack the night before. But it gets hard when your stomach starts growling and you know you're not supposed to eat for at least another hour. Will power, my friend. It takes enormous will power.

So excited about my trips coming up. I can use a vacation. I'm working myself hard with 3 jobs, school, and working out all the time. Luke e-mailed me the other day about my trip to see him. Apparently, his boss won't let him have all of those days off. Bastards. Oh well. My fault for planning so spur of the moment, I guess. Next time, I'll visit at a less crazy time. It still sounds like we'll get to spend a lot of time together so that's fine. And I guess Laura may be coming up that week. If she does, that would be fun. At least I know I'll still be eating dim sum at Golden Port. And when you get right down to it, isn't that the only thing that matters?

3 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Right on!

And woohoo for calorie restriction!

I'm at 1500 a day and it's painful! But pain is my friend!

April 13, 2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I've been trying to restrict my calorie intact for years...alas I have no will power. pah!

I know YOU can do it though, because you've done it so well before!

April 14, 2006 5:49 AM  
Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

Girl, what's up?? Are you seriously overweight or something? That's hardcore, 1000 calories and 2 hours of working out!!! Should do the trick, I suppose, but please be careful. Just be healthy and happy, and the rest will truly follow! Sorry if I sound like I'm on a soapbox, I just would hate to see you get sick or obsessed with the whole weight thing.

I've missed your writing! Glad to read some again :)

April 15, 2006 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home