My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Crazy People

Picture it: I'm in the grocery store (Super Target actually) and I'm in the middle of the aisle talking to myself about what kind of Ziploc bags to get. I think I was having this debate with myself for several minutes and then I realized that there was a man standing next to me. I have no idea how long he was there (probably just a minute), but he must have thought I was just some crazy person talking to the voices in my head. Please. . . when the voices start, I just ignore them. Myself I do not ignore.

Speaking of crazy, maybe someone could enlighten me as to why a person would speak on their cell phone in the restroom. Unless you are calling your doctor or an ambulance because you are deathly ill, there is no reason as to why you can't wait a lousy two minutes to call the person back. Let's get a little perspective here people. That is what voicemail is for.

Biggest challenge from yesterday: resisting the urge to eat at 10:30 at night. I was not hungry, but I still felt like I wanted to eat. It was probably just out of boredom. Luckily, I manage to resist temptation and my calorie intake yesterday was very much where I wanted it to be.

Oh. . . and someone apparently found my blog by doing a google search for "married for the health insurance." How freaky is that? Who searches for that? Would getting married for the insurance be technically illegal? I guess it's a moot point since I don't really have anyone to marry anyway.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

I am sure the man does crazy stuff too. I talk outloud to myself sometimes also.

I can not enlighten you as to why people talk on the phone in the bathroom. I had a coworker and she would call her kids in the bathroom. If I have to pee, I don't want to be talking to anyone. I like how our supermarkets have roomy closets instead of the traditional stalls. All bathrooms should be that way.

Hooray for resisting the urge to eat. I eat out of boredom also. And in the evening, I always want something sweet. Pat yourself on the back.

Maybe this person was looking to marry you for your health insurance?

March 15, 2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

As for the marrying for health insurance, I HATE that when people find me for dumb reasons. But it was a recent topic on "Desperate Housewives," even though you wrote about it first!! Maybe that's what sparked someone's interest.

As for talking on the cell phone in the GD bathroom?! Who wants to BE CALLED from the pisser? Don't nobody be callin my ass from in there. Sick.

March 17, 2006 3:28 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

I have been on the phone before and then hear something. "Are you going to the bathroom?" I ask. "Uhh.. yeah." Ugh. But sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do.

March 18, 2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I HATE when people go to the bathroom while they're talking to me on the phone. Geez...just tell me to hold on and put the phone outside or I'll call you back.

March 19, 2006 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home