My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, March 24, 2006

Insured again

If I were to be in a horrible, disfiguring car accident tomorrow, I would actually be able to afford medical care. Good thing too since I'm not the best of drivers. That's right ladies and gentlemen. . . after months of nonstop migraines and the agony of searching for the perfect health insurance, I am now insured. Woo-hoo! It's only costing me $124 a month, but whatever. I just have to make an appointment with a doctor and then I'll FINALLY be able to get my migraine medication.

Speaking of migraines, Kim was telling me about how she had migraines all last weekend. Ordinarily, I would be sympathetic. However, I have a feeling that she has a hard time distinguishing between a really bad headache and a migraine. That kind of offends me. Then she was talking about how annoying her migraines have been lately. Is she kidding me? I mean, seriously. I've been getting them for 23 years. I also have been getting them nonstop for the last six months due to the lack of health insurance coverage. Am I complaining? Uh, not really. (This post doesn't count.) I've never really been one to complain about the fact that I get migraines anyway. It is what it is. There's not a whole lot I can do about it, except shut up and take my pills. Now, thanks to the wonderful people of Aetna, I will be able to do that. Life is good. For now, anyway. Ask me again tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Congratulations! I am not 100% sure of what a migraine is, but I am 100% sure I probably haven't had them.

Now my husband will call a really bad headache that takes over a side of ones head a migraine, but I think it is more of an ongoing thing.

23 years! How old where you when they started? one? three?

March 24, 2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I'm glad you're back on insurance. Should make our skydiving trip in the summer cheaper. ;)

March 26, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Luke,

Yay! If I break my neck, I'm covered. But if I do break my neck and I'm paralyzed forever, you are totally taking care of me. That's payback for you coming up with such a crazy idea. :)

Lynda,

If you had ever had a migraine, you would definately know about it. I was actually 3 when they started. I'll be 26 this year, so that will be 23 years. Craziness. Of course they didn't actually know I had migraines until I was about 17. I was tested for everything under the sun. Brain tumors, epilepsy, etc. Fun, fun, fun.

March 26, 2006 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home