My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, June 28, 2004

My Day Off

Well, it was my first Monday off in a long time. I woke up early to go to my doctor's appointment at 9:45. Of course, I am sore from all the walking yesterday and my knee is killing me. The receptionist acts very smug in telling me that she tried several times to call me and tell me that my apoointment was canceled. Yeah, I've gotten no messages on my cell phone and apparently, there was one call on my home phone and someone never gave me the message. Ugh. I could have slapped the receptionist. She needs lessons in customer service. I just want to know the results of my MRI so I know if I need knee surgery or not. I also want to know when I can get this damn brace off. Is that too much to ask. I also want to know when I can exercise again. I was exercising 2 hours a day, 7 days a week. But it's hard to do cardio with a knee brace. I guess I'll just work with weights. . . my upper body needs toning anyway. So I get up early for nothing and go to the grocery store, only to realize that I've left my checkbook, ID, and debit card at home. Of course, I do have enough cash for an Egg McMuffin at McDonald's. Yay. I then come home and spend an exciting day watching soap operas from the 70's. Oh, the joys of satellite. I also burned CD's for my sister and did homework for my diversity training class that I have to take for work tomorrow. Who assigns homework before class anyway?? I'm sure Dos would say that it's a joke having diversity training in Georgia. I mean, there are tons of white people. But Coca-Cola is a very diverse company. . . they were even sponsors of the Gay Pride Festival. At least at Coca-Cola, I do work with more than just white people. I think I've had my fill of close-minded white people. I also registered for the AIDS walk today. Yay for me. Seth and I plan on doing that together. Of course, we know that we're not going to make it the entire 10 miles. But whatever. . . we'll do what we can. And it'll be fun. And it's not till October. Hopefully, my knee will be better long before then and I can train. Seth said he hopes it isn't cold by then. My response is that this is Georgia and it'll be warm until December. I miss Rochester. . . actually, I miss the snow and the people in Rochester. I don't actually miss the town. Crazy talk is what that is. Okay, now it is time for my usual nighttime ritual of Will and Grace before bed. I can't miss a night. And tomrrow it's an early day to face rush-hour traffic in downtown Atlanta. Fun, fun, and even more fun. Bye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home