My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Gay Pride Rules

Okay, so I finally gave in a created a blog like my pals in Rochester. . . apparently that's the only way we can know what's going on with each other. So the last day of Gay Pride was bittersweet. Gay people really are the best of all the people. Today was the parade. I saw drag queens and biker chicks and I didn't realize how many gay people there were in Georgia. I mean, dude, what the hell are they doing here??? I don't even want to be here. It was very sweet to see the PFLAG people and all the young kids. Seth and I got a little teary eyed. People are so open and accepting in Atlanta. . . especially during Gay Pride. I especially liked it when they shouted anti-Bush slogans. Bush does suck. Oh, and I got checked out by lesbians, which is nice. At least I know that if I ever get fed up with men, I would have options. We got free condoms too. But Seth gave me his, saying that I would need them before he would. I certainly hope so. Of course, then the flood came and halted the parade. Seth and I got drenched and shared an unmbrella with a lesbian. Good times. Seth is such a good gay husband. I had taken my knee brace off and had to walk in the flood for a million blocks to where we had parked. He was very patient in helping his crippled straight wife. Luckily, my knee didn't pop out of its socket again. FINALLY, we made it back to the car and headed back home. Seth was a little depressed because he knew he had to go back to Cornelia, Georgia, where there are nothing but stupid, close-minded rednecks. But we had some Mexican food and watched Love Potion #9 (which Seth had never seen) and things were good. We had a good laugh at all the pictures that I had taken and then I was sad cause he had to go. And I finally caught up with the adventures of Luke and Cindy. I feel sad now cause I'm not with them enjoying all the fun. Hopefully, they'll be glad to see me when I come up and we'll have a blast together. Okay, so I've rambled for long enough. Must shower and prepare for an early doctor's appointment tomorrow. Hopefully, he won't tell me that I'm dying.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Hi Cindy!

Lovely new blog. Hopefully you can keep it updated so I can be updated to the minute about what you're doing. I miss you lots and can't wait to see you soon.

Luke

June 27, 2004 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home