My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Takeoff in T-minus 20 hours!

Whew. . . it has been a heck of a week. I can't believe it. Kim and I are finally leaving for the Bahamas tomorrow. So beyond excited. I thought I was all packed, but apparently there are some last minute details that I have forgotten. Kim and I will be running around getting last minute things done tonight. For the most part, all of our things are done though. It feels good. I just have to pick up a few things at my place that I forgot (namely my cell phone charger) and pick up my pay check from the shelter (very important) and then we'll be set. I got a new haircut yesterday. I got quite a few inches cut off and some red color added on. I look quite sexy if I do say so myself. I'm going to try to blog a little during my trip so you guys will see the new 'do. Of course, many of you in the blogging world don't really have a before to compare it to, but whatever.

My final this week was such a joke. It was totally easy, but my professor pissed me off beforehand because he said, "there are several questions on here that may be really, really difficult." Seriously, what kind of professor says that? Shouldn't he be wishing us luck? If he were a decent teacher, then he would be confident of our ability to answer those questions. I called him on the fact that he was trying to psych us out. I think there were a couple of students that were stumped by those questions, but I still have no idea which ones were supposed to be difficult. I wasn't stumped at all. Easiest damn A ever. He just didn't put any effort into creating the final. There was a question on there about who was the best instructor ever and all four possible answers was his name. I felt like leaving that one blank. I know I sound like a crybaby. I just expect better from grad school. I expect a freakin challenge. Or at least a third grade level challenge. I've never given such a low evaluation to a professor. All of the other students gave him a low evaluation as well.

I'm also a little sick of my sister's selfish attitude. My mom wanted me to help her plan her baby shower and I told her no. Not after everything else. My sister and I had a fight yesterday. I won't spare anyone the details, but I don't know why I bother. Ever since that huge blowup at Thanksgiving last year when I said I wasn't going to have anything to do with her anymore, I really haven't. I don't ever seek her out for anything. The only time I ever do call her is for work related issues and soon I won't have to do that anymore because I'll be the only one working for dad. I'm tired of seeing how everyone treats her. And then they wander why she acts the way she does. Craziness. Doesn't matter anyway. Generally, I don't think about her. My grandmother talks about her and her stupid life all the time. I DON'T CARE! I don't care how she's messing up her life. Why would I? I actually told my grandmother yesterday that I don't want to hear anything about her or her life ever again. If she or anyone else starts talking about her, I'm either going to change the subject, ignore it, or just leave the room. I am certainly not going to participate in it. I'm sick of hearing about it.

Well, I'm out for now. Like I said, I going to try to blog a little during my trip. I will take lots of pictures. Bahamas and San Francisco, here I come!

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I can't wait to see all the exciting things you're doing on vacation!

Plus, I'll hold you to your promise about your sister! No more blogging about her!! :)

I miss you, talk to you soon.

April 30, 2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home